Figuring out Buyer Behavior No. 1 Assignment 12A

Figuring out Buyer Behavior No. 1
by Jenna Jaeger

My segment is businesswomen in Tampa. I conducted three phone interviews with my mom and two associates of hers. She works in a legal firm in downtown Tampa. All these women use whitening strips at home, and have experienced this need for something to hold them in place.

After speaking to all three women, I deduced that they usually whiten their teeth once a week with the exception of right before an important event they are attending. They make sure to whiten their teeth before going to the dentist twice a year. They are conscious about their hygiene, and want a good report back from their dentist. They realize they have this problem during use of the whitening strips.

They brought to my attention that they usually don't discuss this problem with their dentist, but rather their spouse while using the product. I asked if they were to ask the dentist, if they thought he/she would have anything to help with the problem. They responded saying they probably wouldn't have a solution because they probably would've offered it already since it's a business always wanting to make more money off their clients. They said they also don't share their whitening process at home with their dentist or dental technicians.

If I were to define my segment in terms of need awareness and information search, I would call them women looking for help with keeping their whitening strips in place that ask for tips from their close family and spouses.

Comments

  1. Hi Jenna, it seems that you have gathered a lot of good feedback from your interviews. In addition, it is also great that you got individuals are conscious about their oral hygiene and also suffer from the same frustrating problem of whitening strips slipping off their teeth. It is interesting that your interviewees would rather share with their spouse the problem they have with whitening strips instead of their dentist. This shows you that some people are not that comfortable discussing things like this with their dentist. Overall, great post I was able to learn more about your target segment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is really cool that you interviewed people working in the business field because they probably have some good insights into the entrepreneurship world. I think that these interviews are really valuable because they showed that this is a need that those in your segment also struggle with. The fact that they don't talk about this issue with their dentist shows that this is an opportunity that these dentists are not meeting and that your product may be able to resolve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jenna I really enjoyed reading what you found in your interviews. I have used whitening strips and the past and believe there is a real opportunity in a mold type to hold them in place. I too have never asked my dentist if I should get my teeth whitened there because they will tell you yes and is very costly. I have also heard having your teeth whitened at the dentist hurts. My mother introduced me to the Crest whitening strips but I do feel like they do not work 100%.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Halfway Reflection Assignment 14A

Testing the Hypothesis Assignment 7A