Halfway Reflection Assignment 14A
Halfway Reflection
by Jenna Jaeger
1) I have read the assignments description on Monday so I knew I had enough time to complete the assignment before midnight Friday. I watch all the lectures in one sitting to make sure I retain all the information. I take notes while watching the lectures to keep myself engaged.
2) I felt like "giving up" when I had to conduct more interviews in a specific category. I interviewed anyone for the first two rounds of interviews, and I felt the stress of finding people high for that assignment. I got through it by talking to a friend and also brainstorming out loud. I think I am just as tenacious as before. This class is similar to one I took over the summer, so I am not surprised by anything yet.
3) I would tell the incoming class to make sure they give themselves the right kind of support.
I would tell the incoming class to jot things down when they think of something related to the class.
I would tell the incoming class to start an assignment with enough time to come back to it if need be.
by Jenna Jaeger
1) I have read the assignments description on Monday so I knew I had enough time to complete the assignment before midnight Friday. I watch all the lectures in one sitting to make sure I retain all the information. I take notes while watching the lectures to keep myself engaged.
2) I felt like "giving up" when I had to conduct more interviews in a specific category. I interviewed anyone for the first two rounds of interviews, and I felt the stress of finding people high for that assignment. I got through it by talking to a friend and also brainstorming out loud. I think I am just as tenacious as before. This class is similar to one I took over the summer, so I am not surprised by anything yet.
3) I would tell the incoming class to make sure they give themselves the right kind of support.
I would tell the incoming class to jot things down when they think of something related to the class.
I would tell the incoming class to start an assignment with enough time to come back to it if need be.
Hi Jenna,
ReplyDeleteI like how you plan out your week when completing assignments. That is really smart to look at the assignments on Monday to get an understanding of how much time it will take. Furthermore, I also take plenty of notes while watching lectures. It is a great way to stay engaged and also get prepared for the quiz. I also like how you never gave up when you had to conduct more interviews. I had the same feeling, but I kept pushing to get it done.
Hey Jenna! I have taken away a lot from what you have done so far to be successful in the class. I struggle mostly with the “cupcake “quizzes but this is because I do not take enough notes when watching the lectures. I believe that to be truly successful in this class I will have to do this. This class is very interesting and is the structure of the course is far different from any class I have taken.
ReplyDeleteJenna,
ReplyDeleteI don't feel there is better way to describe the success in this class than how you did it. Definitely checking every Monday the next assignments and have an idea of what to write about is crucial. Also, taking notes is important because as for me kinesthetic learners need to be moving something in our body to retain the information better so that actually helps.
I also try to read the assignments on Monday so I can plan out what I need to do for the assignment and have enough time to complete them by the time they are do. I also found that talking to friends helped me with the stress of interviews. I think your advice for the incoming class is really helpful!
ReplyDelete