My Entrepreneurship Story Assignment 3A

My Entrepreneur Story
by Jenna Jaeger

My dad is an entrepreneur. He worked for a valet company parking cars while in college. He then became an account manager for this company. He found out some of the things this company was doing was not legal, so he sued the company. He tried at first to get a job at one of the bigger companies doing the same thing he was already doing, but they were not interested in hiring another member of their staff.

My dad knew of a lot of restaurants that were in need of a valet service, and did not want to start spending more on it with the bigger companies. My dad also knew of a lot of employees who needed a job because they quit the previous company that my dad, and others sued. He decided to make his own valet company. He got three to four restaurants to agree to hire him because they had known him for so long and knew he did a great job. He hired on the guys that had helped him in the lawsuit and were good employees in the past. He still runs the company to this day.

I joined this class because I have a minor in Innovation and it is required. Although I am on the pre-med track and a biology major I think the course has a lot to offer. As a STEM major I like to do things outside of that scientific mindset to make myself more experienced. I have always liked problem-solving, puzzles, riddles, and mind games that are fun and make you think about things in a new way. I think finding problems and seeing if there's a way to make them nonexistent is the mentality of an entrepreneur. I would like the opportunity to find out other skills an entrepreneur has in this class.

Comments

  1. Jenna,

    Great post and it was interesting to read about your dad's experience in becoming an entrepreneur. It must have been a lot of work, dealing with the pros and cons, and other factors to quit the original valet company he was working for and begin his own. The fact that it was successful makes it all the more worthwhile. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna, your dad’s entrepreneurship story is inspiring. It’s amazing to see how he started off working for a valet company and then later decided to start his own valet company. I hope to one day start my own business and hearing stories like this shows me that it is possible. Furthermore, it is also cool to hear that you are getting a minor in Innovation. I had no idea that was a minor and I wish I would’ve picked that up. Also, since you like solving riddles and puzzles I think you should check out the Instagram page @riddlemethis_official. I think your puzzle solving skills could be useful in job interviews that have tricky/creative questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jenna I enjoyed reading your entrepreneurship story! I think it was very brave of your father to sue the company he was working for because he knew what they were doing was not legal. I believe that your father did the right thing and was fortunate that he knew people who were in need of a job to possibly work for him. Great story!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Halfway Reflection Assignment 14A

Figuring out Buyer Behavior No. 1 Assignment 12A

Testing the Hypothesis Assignment 7A