Practicing Opportunity Identification Assignment 6A
Practicing Opportunity Identification
by Jenna Jaeger
Opportunity 1: Selling Volkswagen Beetle car parts
by Jenna Jaeger
Opportunity 1: Selling Volkswagen Beetle car parts
- https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/14/business/volkswagen-beetle.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fbusiness&action=click&contentCollection=business®ion=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=2&pgtype=sectionfront
- I found the opportunity in the Business section of NY Times.
- I think an opportunity exists because it will become harder and harder to find parts once they are not being produced anymore.
- Anyone who currently owns a Volkswagen Beetle is the prototypical customer.
- I think the opportunity will be difficult to exploit because I don't know anything about cars.
- I saw this opportunity because I had an old car for my first car and found out what parts were easy to replace and what parts are not. Also, my friend has a Beetle and I remember it took her over two weeks to get her car fixed because they had to find parts, and that's when they still produced the car.
Opportunity 2: Creating a business that can provide seminars and teaching materials for medical students about addiction.
- https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/10/health/addiction-medical-schools-treatment.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fpolicy&action=click&contentCollection=policy®ion=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=4&pgtype=sectionfront
- I found the opportunity in the health section of NY Times.
- I think an opportunity exists because the article speaks of how expensive addiction is, and how new addiction medicine is new. If it is new then people need someone willing to provide the materials and resources.
- Any medical school is the prototypical customer.
- I think the opportunity will be difficult to exploit because it is so new.
- I saw this opportunity because I have been in classes where different organizations will come in to teach about what the schools do not have the resources to teach about.
Opportunity 3: An app or website that can identify where areas in the fishing waters have endangered species.
- https://www.regulations.gov/document?D=FWS-HQ-ES-2018-0006-0001
- I found the opportunity under the trending section of the regulations website.
- I think an opportunity exists because the regulation is asking for clarification, interpretation, and implementation of designating critical habitats.
- The Fish and Wildlife Service is the prototypical customer.
- I think this opportunity will be difficult because I do not know anything in this area or about designing a website or app.
- I saw this opportunity because the FWS is asking for help, and if they can access a website or app it will make things easier.
Opportunity 4: A business selling the resources the parks need when this new management statement come out.
- https://www.regulations.gov/document?D=FS-2018-0059-0001
- I found the opportunity under the trending section of the regulations website.
- I think an opportunity exists because the parks are about to have to change the way they have been doing things for a while. This means they need more resources to put this change into effect.
- The park's are the prototypical customer.
- I saw this opportunity because I think the most effective way of spreading news is by creating awareness organizations.
Hi Jenna, I really enjoyed looking at your list of economic and regulatory opportunities. My favorite opportunity from all four had to be the app that could identify where areas in the fishing waters have endangered species. In our current world of technology and innovation, I believe something like this could easily be created. In addition, an app like this could have long-term positive effects on our environment so we can avoid overfishing and potentially killing off an entire species.
ReplyDeleteHey Jenna I really liked reading over your opportunities especially the one about creating a business that can provide seminars to medical students about addiction. This is a very important topic as addiction is increasing in the United States. More people as well as medical students need to be informed about addiction and what can be done in the medical field.
ReplyDeleteJenna,
ReplyDeleteI really liked reading over the economic and regulatory opportunities that you had posted. The one that I particularly interested me was your first one about selling Volkswagen Bettle car parts. I think that is an opportunity that can be made however I also agree with your point because they are hard to find and not many people drive the type of car. I actually don't remember the last time I saw one on the road. Thank you for the insight and post!