Testing the Hypothesis Part 2 Assignment 9A

Testing the Hypothesis Part 2
by Jenna Jaeger

WHO
In my interviews, I found that although people for my opportunity all wear whitening strips some use them very infrequently that they do not require the product I am proposing. The need for a device that can keep the strips in place is not a necessity. They have problems with the strips staying in place but find ways to deal with the problem without the feeling of needing a device.

WHAT
In my interviews, I found that people with this problem are similar to people who have trouble finding time to go to the dentist for whitening treatments and end up using a box from the store. They have this problem, but no need for my product. My need differs from these people because it is for people who consistently use whitening strips in their weekly routine.

WHY
The underlying cause of these people who differ from my need is that they do not regularly use whitening strips. Since I have such a specific need there was difficulty finding others who have the problem, but no need for the product. It all comes down to how often someone will use it.


           Inside the Boundary                                              Outside the Boundary
Who:  regular users of whitening strips                           occasional users of whitening strips
What: for weekly use                                                       for sporadic use
Why:  the inconvenience of sliding strips                        use for when the dentist is not an option

Comments

  1. Jenna,

    I found your second set of interviews to be interesting. I would fall into the category of not needing to use whitening strips so I can see why you had the results you did. I wish you would have said which type of people you interview though. Either way thank you for sharing your insights and good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenna, while it may seem bad that some people do not require your whitening product it is good that you found out early on. I think it would be great to figure out exactly why they do not need your product and then figure out how you could repurpose it. After that you could find a new group of people who could possibly use your whitening product, maybe dentists or oral hygiene companies could purchase it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna,

    I believe your proposal of the sliding whiting strips has great potential.
    Although, I wanted to see your other five interviews. You might not have noticed that you had to make five more to see how different people woud react to this product. I feel that to continue your product development, its crusial that you survey more than five potential clients to get varied customer insight.
    I hope this is helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that you were able to pinpoint your targeted audience and need in a very organized way. After my interviews, I struggled with simplifying the who, what, why, and the insides and outsides of the boundary. This is really important because knowing your exact targeted audience for your opportunity will help you market your product and understand how to build on your opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jenna! I believe your interview questions led you to the conclusion that some people do not feel the same need you feel necessary for people who use whitening strips. You are right that not enough people will use your product as you intend it to be used more as a weekly thing instead of a routine that is done every so often.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Halfway Reflection Assignment 14A

Figuring out Buyer Behavior No. 1 Assignment 12A

Testing the Hypothesis Assignment 7A