Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No.2 Assignment 15A

Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No.2
by Jenna Jaeger

Interview 1 Summary
My first interviewee is Susan. She is a mother of two and has a full-time job. When it comes to price she said it matters in this product because she wants it to be saving her money. If the product costs too much, she will either continue to use whitening strips without it or just pay for the whitening from the dentist. She wants quality when she buys the product. I am not sure what the shelf life is going to be on the product, but I am hoping it will last as long as a retainer would. She said style does not matter to her. She wants it to be comfortable and not hindering to other tasks. Since I would be selling these to dentist offices, and then they would be selling to customers, she would buy it from her dentist. She said it might be a bad purchase because the product is somewhat an accessory to her for her strips.

Interview 2 Summary
My second interviewee is Danielle. She is divorced and has three dogs and a full-time job. Price is not a worry for Danielle. She is looking for good quality. She is an avid user of whitening strips because she does not like getting her teeth whitened at the dentist. She wants something small and easily taken on a plane because she travels a lot for work. When it comes to style, she wants the product to be clear because she wants to be able to clean it out and know it's clean. I was thinking about adding a cleaning brush that would clean the product well with the purchase of the product. She would also purchase it at the dentist. She said this would be a good purchase because of the difficulty of attaching whitening strips.

Interview 3 Summary
My third interviewee is Charlene. She is married and has two cats. She likes to save money wherever she can. She sees the product as a luxury. She said she wouldn't spend more than $60 on the product.  She does want decent quality, and style doesn't matter to her because she always puts her whitening strips on when she's doing her makeup in the morning. She said she needs something that won't slow her down in the morning though, and cleaning out the product might take a few more minutes. This introduces a possibility for a liquid she could place the product in after use to dissolve any remaining film from the whitening strips. She would buy the product at the dentist too. She knows it's a good purchase because it's saving her the struggle to attach the strips every morning and adjusting them when they move.

Final conclusions
I would describe my segment as those who want a fairly priced product available at their dentist office that is manageable and easily cleaned.

Comments

  1. Jenna,

    I want to start by saying I loved how much detail you gave to this blog. You told us a background information of each person you interviewed and I think that helps the reader understand buyer behavior. I really enjoyed reading your interviews because it made me realize I would also like a fairly priced product that my dentist would have available for me. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I have read it seems like you have conducted very thorough interviews. For the cleaning liquid that one could place the product in after they use it, you could use something like denture cleaners that I know a lot of people use to clean their retainers. I think it is good that you got both the positive and the negative responses in your interviews because it will help you in your development and improvement of your product (and possibly marketing of your product).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Halfway Reflection Assignment 14A

Figuring out Buyer Behavior No. 1 Assignment 12A

Testing the Hypothesis Assignment 7A