Idea Napkin No.1 Assignment 11A
Idea Napkin No.1
by Jenna Jaeger
1. I am not talented in the dentistry field. I am an avid user of whitening strips. I am great at talking with people, so I am confident in my abilities in researching and convincing the dentist's offices in adding a step to their routine checkups that will earn them more money.. I would want to come up with this product and start selling to the Tampa's dentist's offices and hopefully spreading. If I were to start it I would want to stick with it.
2. I am offering a device that will turn molds from people's teeth taken at the dentist's office into a mold that can be used at home for people to wear after they place their whitening strips on their teeth. This device will make the mold hopefully within a few days and then the patient can pick it up the next time they go to the dentist.
3. My customer is going to be mostly women between the ages of 20 and 45. They are women that make between 60,000 and 90,000 a year. They are women that live in the Tampa area that go to the dentist.
4. My product is convenient because it's offered while you're already at the dentist, and it's market is the people living in and around Tampa. These women are not making enough money to waste it on expensive teeth whitenings, but they are willing to spend the extra money so they can improve their whitening process at home.
5. I am set apart from everyone else because the dentist needs me to install the machine in their office or possibly outsource it, and the customer needs me because they cannot get this product from a whitening strip box they purchase at Walgreens.
6. In addition to these elements, I think it's going to be easy to make the product from dental materials already out there. I think it will be easy to tweak already existing dental equipment that I can possibly patent so that dentist's can't do it without me. I am starting small because this machine will be sold to private dental offices individually, and I think it's good to start small.
by Jenna Jaeger
1. I am not talented in the dentistry field. I am an avid user of whitening strips. I am great at talking with people, so I am confident in my abilities in researching and convincing the dentist's offices in adding a step to their routine checkups that will earn them more money.. I would want to come up with this product and start selling to the Tampa's dentist's offices and hopefully spreading. If I were to start it I would want to stick with it.
2. I am offering a device that will turn molds from people's teeth taken at the dentist's office into a mold that can be used at home for people to wear after they place their whitening strips on their teeth. This device will make the mold hopefully within a few days and then the patient can pick it up the next time they go to the dentist.
3. My customer is going to be mostly women between the ages of 20 and 45. They are women that make between 60,000 and 90,000 a year. They are women that live in the Tampa area that go to the dentist.
4. My product is convenient because it's offered while you're already at the dentist, and it's market is the people living in and around Tampa. These women are not making enough money to waste it on expensive teeth whitenings, but they are willing to spend the extra money so they can improve their whitening process at home.
5. I am set apart from everyone else because the dentist needs me to install the machine in their office or possibly outsource it, and the customer needs me because they cannot get this product from a whitening strip box they purchase at Walgreens.
6. In addition to these elements, I think it's going to be easy to make the product from dental materials already out there. I think it will be easy to tweak already existing dental equipment that I can possibly patent so that dentist's can't do it without me. I am starting small because this machine will be sold to private dental offices individually, and I think it's good to start small.
It is really good that you were able to find your specific market and that you know where you want to start selling your product. I have never used whitening strips, so this question might be irrelevant but I would imagine that the strips might get sticky and might stick to the mold. Maybe think about a way to keep the molds clean that the dentist could implement or the buyers could do themselves at home.
ReplyDeleteJenna,
ReplyDeleteI think everything you listed out there was good in describing the idea napkin well in how it would benefit the market out there for customers as well as how it is a benefit that you are the one in charge for such an idea. I just wished I could have seen what you would have put down for inside and outside the boundaries. Overall great post and thank you for sharing!
Jenna,
ReplyDeleteLet me say I am just amazed on how organized and well thought you have everything. Not only do I like your idea but also I like the process and the market you are pursuing. I feel you should do surveys to people around the Tampa area to see their feed back and that may help you if you really want to take this to another level. Great job!! Thank you for all the information.