Reading Reflection No.1 Assignment 13A
Reading Reflection No.1
by Jenna Jaeger
1) Elon's childhood surprised me the most. It's crazy that he had such a weird life growing up. His parents were divorced and he moved in with his dad because he didn't want him to be alone. I admire Musk's ability to keep going on and never having a day off. He works so much, and he flies between cities in California every week. I least admire his lack of spending time with his kids. He does have important work to do, but he should spend more time with his kids in my opinion. He has encountered many adversities and failures in his personal and work life. He works harder when he faces adversity. He is not one to take no for an answer.
2) Musk has perseverance, and that is pretty important to have when you're an entrepreneur. He also has a wide imagination which keeps his entrepreneurial ventures risky. He puts a lot of thought into something before he commits to it. Musk has a photographic memory which is cool for an entrepreneur.
3) I was confused in the reading when the writer said in the beginning how Musk wanted to review the whole book. The writer never explained what kind of editing Musk made on the book. Musk did make a tweet about how factually the book lacks in some areas.
4) Who are you most inspired by and why? I want to know who he's inspired by because I think it would show who he wants to be.
What's the most valuable advice someone gave to you? I want to know what kind of things he values.
5) I think hard work to Elon Musk is how much time you put into something. I think it's the amount of effort you put into something. He works very hard.
by Jenna Jaeger
1) Elon's childhood surprised me the most. It's crazy that he had such a weird life growing up. His parents were divorced and he moved in with his dad because he didn't want him to be alone. I admire Musk's ability to keep going on and never having a day off. He works so much, and he flies between cities in California every week. I least admire his lack of spending time with his kids. He does have important work to do, but he should spend more time with his kids in my opinion. He has encountered many adversities and failures in his personal and work life. He works harder when he faces adversity. He is not one to take no for an answer.
2) Musk has perseverance, and that is pretty important to have when you're an entrepreneur. He also has a wide imagination which keeps his entrepreneurial ventures risky. He puts a lot of thought into something before he commits to it. Musk has a photographic memory which is cool for an entrepreneur.
3) I was confused in the reading when the writer said in the beginning how Musk wanted to review the whole book. The writer never explained what kind of editing Musk made on the book. Musk did make a tweet about how factually the book lacks in some areas.
4) Who are you most inspired by and why? I want to know who he's inspired by because I think it would show who he wants to be.
What's the most valuable advice someone gave to you? I want to know what kind of things he values.
5) I think hard work to Elon Musk is how much time you put into something. I think it's the amount of effort you put into something. He works very hard.
Jenna,
ReplyDeleteI agree with you while I was reading about Elon Musk's life during the book. It really does surprise me on how he did not let anything growing up deter him from stopping him on becoming successful. He knows the true value of hard work. As you mentioned it is about how much effort and time you put into something that makes it hard work. Great post and thank you for sharing!
I have not read this book but I want to because Elon Musk is very relevant in the news right now and he sounds like a very interesting person. I would also like to know how and what Musk edited out or added into the book about himself. I can't believe he flies between cities every week! I would imagine that would be incredibly exhausting.
ReplyDelete