Your Exit Strategy Assignment 28A
Your Exit Strategy
by Jenna Jaeger
I intend to sel the business in the next five years for a large return. I am not a business major, but I am on the pre-med track. I want to own my own practice one day, and so I wouldn't be able to put my full attention on the business. I think it would be better if I sold it to someone who is willing and capable of running the business. I wouldn't want to pass it down to the family because I want my kids to make their own path. It can be helpful to have a family business, but in my case it wouldn't work.
I think my intention has always to be selling the idea so I kept it simple. It's easy for anyone to understand and I think that will be beneficial to someone when buying a business. I have intended to start small, but then branch out into Florida, and hopefully i can show the success in my state and the person who buys the business has the means to make it go national. I have been focused on small picture, so my acquired resources are all local.
by Jenna Jaeger
I intend to sel the business in the next five years for a large return. I am not a business major, but I am on the pre-med track. I want to own my own practice one day, and so I wouldn't be able to put my full attention on the business. I think it would be better if I sold it to someone who is willing and capable of running the business. I wouldn't want to pass it down to the family because I want my kids to make their own path. It can be helpful to have a family business, but in my case it wouldn't work.
I think my intention has always to be selling the idea so I kept it simple. It's easy for anyone to understand and I think that will be beneficial to someone when buying a business. I have intended to start small, but then branch out into Florida, and hopefully i can show the success in my state and the person who buys the business has the means to make it go national. I have been focused on small picture, so my acquired resources are all local.
I also chose to sell my business in a few years. I think letting go of something one has worked so hard on (especially if it has been for a few years) can be really hard because of how much time, energy, work, and emotions the person has put into it. However, I think that it really can be for the best sometimes. For myself (and from what I understood from your post), I think selling our businesses will open the door for greater things down the road.
ReplyDeleteJenna,
ReplyDeleteI think you had a good exit strategy in place. You're right in the sense that it may not always be beneficial to keep things within the family but that is a discussion to keep in mind as always. I also think since you plan to keep the business small at first it does give you a good path in working your way in successfully slower. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!