Your Venture's Unfair Advantage Assignment 23A
Your Venture's Unfair Advantage
by Jenna Jaeger
1. My friendliness
V: It is valuable because if you are mean no one will do business with you.
R: It is not rare, many people are friendly
I: It is not inimitable, many people can copy my friendliness
N: It is non-substitutable, you cannot replace friendliness with competency
2. My knowledge of my product
V: It is valuable because no one else knows about it.
R: It is rare because I am the only one with it.
I: It is inimitable because no one can copy my thoughts.
N: It is non-substitutable, you cannot replace my knowledge for something with anything else
3. My manners
V: They aren't that valuable because they are widespread.
R: It is not rare, many people have manners.
I: Anyone can copy my manners.
N: You cannot replace manners with something else.
4. My ability to conduct research
V: Not that valuable.
R: It isn't especially rare.
I: It can somewhat be copied.
N: Can be replaced by hiring someone to do research for you.
5. My integrity
V: It is valuable to me.
R: It is not rare.
I: It cannot be copied.
N: It cannot be replaced.
6. I am a good leader.
V: I think it is valuable for an entrepreneurial role.
R: It is not as rare as people may think.
I: It cannot be copied, but it can be faked.
N: It cannot be replaced because it's a personality trait.
7. My work ethic
V: I think it's extremely valuable.
R: Having a good work ethic is not rare.
I: It cannot be copied, but it can be applied to someone's routine.
N: It isn't replaceable unless you have someone else do your work for you.
8. My free spirit.
V: It's not valuable.
R: It's rare to me, everyone is so serious.
I: It can be copied, but not for very long.
N: It cannot be replaced, but most people prefer to be very serious.
9. I have the capability to follow through with my idea.
V: It is valuable for the project.
R: I do not know if it's rare compared to other students.
I: It cannot be copied because no one else is doing my project.
N: It cannot be replaced by anything because it's my capability.
10. I have the finances to complete my venture if I wanted to.
V: It is extremely valuable.
R: I do not know if it is rare.
I: It can be copied if anyone else has the money as well.
N: It can be replaced by someone else's funds.
I believe my top resource is my knowledge of the product. Out of all the resources that meet the VRIN requirements, I believe it has the most importance concerning the product. Without knowledge of the product, there is no product. I think because of that it can be considered the top resource out of all ten.
by Jenna Jaeger
1. My friendliness
V: It is valuable because if you are mean no one will do business with you.
R: It is not rare, many people are friendly
I: It is not inimitable, many people can copy my friendliness
N: It is non-substitutable, you cannot replace friendliness with competency
2. My knowledge of my product
V: It is valuable because no one else knows about it.
R: It is rare because I am the only one with it.
I: It is inimitable because no one can copy my thoughts.
N: It is non-substitutable, you cannot replace my knowledge for something with anything else
3. My manners
V: They aren't that valuable because they are widespread.
R: It is not rare, many people have manners.
I: Anyone can copy my manners.
N: You cannot replace manners with something else.
4. My ability to conduct research
V: Not that valuable.
R: It isn't especially rare.
I: It can somewhat be copied.
N: Can be replaced by hiring someone to do research for you.
5. My integrity
V: It is valuable to me.
R: It is not rare.
I: It cannot be copied.
N: It cannot be replaced.
6. I am a good leader.
V: I think it is valuable for an entrepreneurial role.
R: It is not as rare as people may think.
I: It cannot be copied, but it can be faked.
N: It cannot be replaced because it's a personality trait.
7. My work ethic
V: I think it's extremely valuable.
R: Having a good work ethic is not rare.
I: It cannot be copied, but it can be applied to someone's routine.
N: It isn't replaceable unless you have someone else do your work for you.
8. My free spirit.
V: It's not valuable.
R: It's rare to me, everyone is so serious.
I: It can be copied, but not for very long.
N: It cannot be replaced, but most people prefer to be very serious.
9. I have the capability to follow through with my idea.
V: It is valuable for the project.
R: I do not know if it's rare compared to other students.
I: It cannot be copied because no one else is doing my project.
N: It cannot be replaced by anything because it's my capability.
10. I have the finances to complete my venture if I wanted to.
V: It is extremely valuable.
R: I do not know if it is rare.
I: It can be copied if anyone else has the money as well.
N: It can be replaced by someone else's funds.
I believe my top resource is my knowledge of the product. Out of all the resources that meet the VRIN requirements, I believe it has the most importance concerning the product. Without knowledge of the product, there is no product. I think because of that it can be considered the top resource out of all ten.
I think all of these resources are very important as a business leader. I found it a little difficult to think of ten resources when I was composing my list. After I got to the fifth resource I struggled to think of the rest. I wonder if you had the same experience or if you knew what all you resources were right away.
ReplyDelete