Final Reflection Assignment 30A
Final Reflection
by Jenna Jaeger
Some of my formative experiences have been the reading reflections. The reading assignments gave me an insight to an entrepreneur's world. I found they come from many different backgrounds and have all had failures and struggles that have made them strong-willed. I think we are shaped into who we are by our experiences. The childhood that Musk and Chanel had was not a privileged one. I had this predetermined idea of who an entrepreneur is and what they look like. I was proved wrong by this class. I liked this assignment because it popped the bubble I was in and gave me the insight I needed. I believe at the end of this class, that I have the capabilities to create a business.
My experience I will remember for years to come is my first interviews I did for this class. The questioning I got when interviewing people was not expected. I thought people would be willing to help me out with an assignment by answering a few questions, but some were offended that I would question their hygiene. I also found that others are not as accepting of your ideas, and you cannot let that get in the way of your dreams.
My most joyous experience was making the elevator pitches. I missed the first one, but I discovered a lot by filming myself. I have done elevator pitches before for other classes, but I never watched myself pitch. I uncovered that I am very bad in front of a camera, and I get very overwhelmed while being filmed. I found that I get uncomfortable in front of the camera, and this class helped me break out of my shell a little. Also working with different programs like Blogger and YouTube in this class was a joyous experience.
I am most proud of myself for the overall product I created through all the exercises in the class. I never imagined I could make an entire product and complete all the assignments in this class. I was worried a little at the beginning of the semester about my ability to be creative enough to invent something new. Getting into the entrepreneurial mindset was something I have been struggling with, and this class was an immense tool in getting there.
I think this class is the whole reason why I am continuing in my innovative path. I have only worked in groups until this class, and I was doubtful of my skills. I am at the best mindset I have ever achieved because of this class. I can see myself becoming an entrepreneur in the future.
For future students taking this class I recommend perseverance. I suggest reviewing the assignments at the beginning of the week and giving yourself adequate time to finish them. I strongly recommend watching all the lecture videos. The lectures pull everything together. In order to foster an entrepreneurial mindset, I say to just brainstorm for each assignment before writing anything down and committing to it.
by Jenna Jaeger
Some of my formative experiences have been the reading reflections. The reading assignments gave me an insight to an entrepreneur's world. I found they come from many different backgrounds and have all had failures and struggles that have made them strong-willed. I think we are shaped into who we are by our experiences. The childhood that Musk and Chanel had was not a privileged one. I had this predetermined idea of who an entrepreneur is and what they look like. I was proved wrong by this class. I liked this assignment because it popped the bubble I was in and gave me the insight I needed. I believe at the end of this class, that I have the capabilities to create a business.
My experience I will remember for years to come is my first interviews I did for this class. The questioning I got when interviewing people was not expected. I thought people would be willing to help me out with an assignment by answering a few questions, but some were offended that I would question their hygiene. I also found that others are not as accepting of your ideas, and you cannot let that get in the way of your dreams.
My most joyous experience was making the elevator pitches. I missed the first one, but I discovered a lot by filming myself. I have done elevator pitches before for other classes, but I never watched myself pitch. I uncovered that I am very bad in front of a camera, and I get very overwhelmed while being filmed. I found that I get uncomfortable in front of the camera, and this class helped me break out of my shell a little. Also working with different programs like Blogger and YouTube in this class was a joyous experience.
I am most proud of myself for the overall product I created through all the exercises in the class. I never imagined I could make an entire product and complete all the assignments in this class. I was worried a little at the beginning of the semester about my ability to be creative enough to invent something new. Getting into the entrepreneurial mindset was something I have been struggling with, and this class was an immense tool in getting there.
I think this class is the whole reason why I am continuing in my innovative path. I have only worked in groups until this class, and I was doubtful of my skills. I am at the best mindset I have ever achieved because of this class. I can see myself becoming an entrepreneur in the future.
For future students taking this class I recommend perseverance. I suggest reviewing the assignments at the beginning of the week and giving yourself adequate time to finish them. I strongly recommend watching all the lecture videos. The lectures pull everything together. In order to foster an entrepreneurial mindset, I say to just brainstorm for each assignment before writing anything down and committing to it.

Jenna, I also gave the same advice for incoming students. Starting the assignments early will allow the students to think about what they want to write for that week. Furthermore, this makes it easier to stay on top of the assignments for this course. Unfortunately, I had to learn this the hard. One week I decided to do my assignments last minute and I missed the deadline by two minutes. If I would have followed this advice then I would’ve completed the assignment on time. Overall, thank you for sharing your reflection of the course and best of luck in your future classes!
ReplyDeleteI also loved all the books I read for our reading assignments! I think it is great that this class gave you a different perspective on what you think an entrepreneur looks like! I also struggled with the elevator pitches at first, but I noticed that after practicing it I was a lot more comfortable in front of the camera the second time around.
ReplyDeleteHey Jenna great final reflection. I think you're idea of making the students write down the assignments for the upcoming week is a great idea. I believe this helps students keep track of their assignments as the amount of assignments does catch up to you. I found myself doing assignments last minute and quickly realized this was not the smart way to do work for this class. Good luck in your future classes!
ReplyDelete